Need a Family Law Attorney to Deal with Relocation in the Tampa Area?

We Provide Assistance With Relocations After Divorce

Many times, a parent either remarries or finds a new job that requires moving to a different state. This decision can run into difficulty when the relocation involves their children. If the other parent does not consent to the move, the court becomes involved to help settle the dispute. Legal representation is required in this case and you will have to find a family law attorney you can trust.

At The Law Offices of Steven J. Glaros and Associates, our family law attorneys can assist parents who wish to relocate. Additionally, we can represent parents who are trying to prevent this type of relocation when it affects their children. To see if we can assist you, call a family law attorney at our Tampa, Largo or New Port Richey offices at 813-626-5321.

Florida Law Concerning Relocation

Florida Statute 61.13001 governs the relocation of children. Its most important provisions include:

  • A parent with primary residential custody must obtain the consent of the secondary parent if a move of more than 50 miles would affect the secondary parent's ability to carry out court-ordered parenting time.
  • If consent cannot be obtained, the parent seeking to relocate must complete the "Notice of Intent to Relocate" and other forms.
  • If the other parent objects to the relocation, the court will decide by answering the following questions:
  • Is the move in the best interests of the child?
  • Would the move improve the child's quality of life?
  • Have existing visitation rights been used by the other parent?
  • Will the parent seeking to relocate be likely to abide by new visitation arrangements if ordered?
  • Will new time sharing arrangements be likely to support an ongoing, meaningful relationship with the secondary parent?
  • Can the parents afford additional transportation costs required to comply with any new visitation arrangements?

How a Glaros & Associates Family Law Attorney Can Help With Relocation

The attorneys at The Law Offices of Steven J. Glaros and Associates can help you prepare the necessary legal relocation documents. We will also work with you to develop either visitation proposals or counter-proposals. If a court hearing becomes necessary, we will accompany you. Additionally, we can consult with experts including child psychologists, to determine if the relocation is in the child's best interests. After the proposed arrangements have been in place for an agreed-upon time, we can request a temporary order that will be revisited at a later date.

The Law Offices of Steven J. Glaros and Associates - Advocating for Parents While Protecting Their Children

In relocations, as in all situations, our goal is to protect the children involved while representing our clients. Call a Family Law Attorney at 813-626-5321 to schedule a free 30-minute consultation so we can discuss your particular situation. By calling The Law Offices of Steven J. Glaros and Associates, you can talk to a Tampa divorce lawyer today.

No Obligation FREE Case Evaluation

Email us to receive a free case review.

Why Choose Our Firm?

  • Former Assistant Attorney General
  • Free Consults
  • Over 30 Years of Combined Experience
  • After Hours Consults Available
  • Four, Convenient Locations to Serve You
  • Former State Public Defender
  • Former State Staff Attorney for the 2nd District Court of Appeals